After the mega launch of RX 6800 XT ROG STRIX LC last month, Asus has now officially declared that they will launch a flagship model of Radeon RX 6900 XT ROG STRIX LC graphics card, which has a water-cooling system. This announcement comes without any surprise.
Although ASUS did not declare the RX 6900 XT ROG Strix LC specs yet, we have studied from various sources that dissimilar to the RX 6800 XT model, which carries two 8-pin connectors, RX 6900 XT will consist of three 8-pin connectors. Apart from that, they both have identical build formed with a primary display out configuration (1x HDMI 2.1 port, 1x USB Type C port, and 2x DisplayPort 1.4).
The RX 6900 XT ROG STRIX LC has an AIO colling system with a 240mm exterior radiator connected via 60cm tubing. Each fan needs two additional cables: one for power and the other for RGB signal. You have to note that four extra fans are required, which have not been displayed in the images released.
We have learned that the price of this flagship model is going to be on the higher side. ASUS has not said anything about the pricing. The graphics card is expected to be released by the end of 2020.
What does Radeon™ RX 6900 XT ROG Strix LC is a liquid-cooled leviathan feature?
- The introduction of liquid cooling to GPU die and memory due to the presence of complete-coverage cold plates.
- A new blower-like fan and low-profile heatsink handle the onboard colling to deliver power.
- Compatibility and performance are balanced by the 240mm radiator.
- Alternative mount and EATX chassis are accompanied by a 600mm tube to make them compatible.
- Super Alloy Power II includes superior quality alloy chokes, an array of high-current power stages, and sturdy polymer capacitors.
- ASUS FanConnect II is bundled with a hybrid-controlled fan head to attain the highest level of system cooling.
- GPU Tweak II supplies intuitional performance tweak, system monitoring, and thermal controls.
Sources: Asus, ROG-STRIX-LC-RX6900XT-O16G-GAMING, 13th December 2020.