There is no debate among the users regarding the importance of a “best CPU cooler” while building your pc. When are you thinking of assembling a system, you always go for the best GPU, processor. AMD recently released Ryzen 5000 series processors.
But the role of an ideal motherboard and CPU cooler is also crucial in a build. You need to have a proper power supply to run those components well and to cool your system, you need to have a good CPU cooler.
Thus, you need to make sure that there is sufficient budget left to spend on a quality CPU cooler. You need not buy the costliest out there. Depending on your PC build, you can get a budget air cooling system installed on your gaming pc.
The best CPU coolers are available in the market in different shapes, sizes, and budgets. We have gone through the web and found some burning questions on the internet about the best CPU coolers. We have categorized the searches and listed some of the best CPU coolers on the market available right now.
The List Of Best CPU Coolers
Best CPU Cooler Reddit and Best CPU Cooler ASIA
1. Noctua NH-D14
Our first entry in the best CPU coolers is the Noctua NH-D14. This model is built by joining six heat pipes double radiator structure with NF-14/NF-P12 PWM fan (dual) configuration. Additionally, the Noctua NH-D14 comes with Noctua’s premium quality thermal compound tube, NT-H1, and multiple socket mounting mechanism, SecuFirm2.
- Compatible With: Intel LGA20xx, LGA1200, LGA115x & AMD Socket: AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, AM4 FM1, FM2, FM2+
- Fan Speed: 900-1300 RPM
- Noise Volume: 19.6 – 19.9 dBA
- Dimension: 160 x 140 x 158 mm
- Weight: 1240 g
2. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
This entry in the best CPU coolers provides fin optimization depending on low and high-speed operations. This optimization allows a stabilized cooling performance. It contains widespread PWM fans that have an exclusive fan design.
- Compatible With: Intel LGA 775 – 2066; AMD AM2 – AM3+, FM1 – FM3+, AM4
- Fan speed: 600-2000 RPM
- Noise volume: 9-36 dBA
- Dimensions: 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm
- Weight: 1.3 lbs (590 g)
3. Corsair H100i
The Corsair H100i sports an RGB pump that erupts evocative lighting, which can be customizable to suit your pc case. It has a 120mm fan that is designed specifically for your need. It is one of the best CPU coolers available in India.
- Compatible With: Intel 1150/1151/1155/1156/1200, Intel 2011/2066, AMD AM3/AM2, AMD AM4, AMD TR4
- Fan Speed: 2200 RPM
- Noise volume: 36 dBA
- Dimensions: 277mm x 120mm x 27mm
- Weight: 3.31 pounds
4. Scythe SCMG-4000
Next in our list of best CPU coolers comes the SCMG-4000 CPU cooler. This one has a very easy installation process and is more compatible than its previous generations. It has a 3D multi-airflow passing through fin design that is responsible for smart cooling.
- Compatible With: AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, AM4, FM1, FM2, FM2+, LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1200, LGA1366, LGA2011, LGA2011-3, LGA2066, LGA775
- Fan Speed: 1400 RPM
- Noise volume: 28 dBA
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
- Weight: 625 g
Best CPU Cooler For i9-9900k and Best CPU Cooler For Overclocking
5. Noctua NH-D15S
This product is Noctua’s asymmetrical solo fan variance of NH-D15. Due to its asymmetrical build, it evacuates the topmost PCIe slot on maximum mini ITX and ATX motherboards. It comes with 6 years warranty and users who have plenty of room in their setup can also go for 140mm fans instead of 120mm fans.
- Compatible With: Intel LGA2066, LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3 (Square ILM), LGA1200, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1151, LGA1150 & AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2, FM2+ (backplate required), AM4
- Fan Speed: 1200-1500 RPM
- Noise volume: 24.6 dBA
- Dimensions: 160 x 150 x 135 mm
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
6. Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO AIO Cooler
The next entry on the list of best CPU cooler is a Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro. Among several lop-level liquid coolers this product standouts liquid-cooled performance. It has a 360mm radiator build for quitter cooling and provides a stunning look with an RGB LED pump head.
- Compatible With: Intel 1200, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2066
- AMD AM4, AM3, AM2, sTRX4, sTR4
- Fan Speed:1600 RPM
- Noise volume: 10-25 dBA
- Dimensions: 396mm x 120mm x 27mm
- Weight: 33.86 oz
Best Budget CPU Cooler
7. Noctua NH-D15
This best CPU cooler is based on the fundamentals of NH-D14 and achieves solid cooling performance. The users who love to play intense games can go for this double-tower cooler. It has an automatic speed controller for the 1400mm fans installed in it. It also comes with a monstrous 6 years warranty and is a premium option for overclockers.
- Compatible With: Intel: LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3 (Square ILM), LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1151, LGA1150, AMD: AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2, FM2+ (backplate required)
- Fan speed: 1200-1500 RPM
- Noise volume: 24.6 dBA
- Dimensions: 165 x 150 x 135 mm
- Weight: 1150 g
8. Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
This legendary product is our topmost pick which comes after up-gradation from its predecessor. It is undoubtedly one of the better CPU coolers available. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Back Edition model has a nickel-plated jet-black fin and a strong aluminum build. Due to its jet-black build, it adds to an already sleek design, adding an extra performance boost.
Best CPU Cooler 2020
- Compatible With: LGA2066, LGA2011-v3, LGA2011, LGA1200, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1366, AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
- Fan speed: 650-2000 RPM
- Noise volume: 8-30 dBA
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Weight: 515 g
9. NZXT Kraken Z73
This brand-new product from NZXT allows you to personalize your all-purpose liquid cooled system as ever. With the use of pf CAM’s exclusive software, you can view CAM’s system performance monitor as well as do more stuff irrespective of fine-tuning. It provides excellent performance in liquid cooling and forces us to include it in the best CPU cooler list.
Best CPU Cooler For Ryzen 5 3600
- Compatible With: Intel Socket LGA 1200, 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066, Intel Core i9 / Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Pentium / Celeron,
- AMD Socket AM4, sTRX4, TR4
- Fan speed: 500-2000 RPM
- Noise volume: 21-36 dBA
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Weight: 2.21kg
- What is the most reliable closed-loop liquid CPU cooler?
- Noctua NH-D15 is among the best CPU cooler currently available in the market. It enables maximum liquid circulation and hence resulting in better performance.
- What is the best-closed loop CPU cooler?
- The Cooler Master Hyper 212 line-up is the best CPU closed-loop cooler. Although it is comparatively old, it delivers superior performance than others.
- What is the best thermal paste for water cooling a CPU?
- You first need to understand the physics behind this. A label saying that it will make your CPU cooler by 3° is not always true. The Diamond IC and Arctic Silver are the premium quality pasting that can do the job for you.
- What is the most effective CPU cooler?
- Not a single one to be listed here. We recommend going through our list of best CPU cooler list to get an idea of the products. You can choose any one of them depending on your budget.
- What is the best CPU cooler?
- We suggest you go through the list of best CPU cooler mentioned above. You will have an idea of what you can expect from the product and then make your decision.
- Is water cooling your CPU worth it?
- Modern problems require modern solutions. Due to the increasing demand for overclocked CPUs, your system produces an insane amount of heat. To tackle this, AIO or All-In-One Cooler is a good choice. Although, these water cooling systems can be a good solution if they don’t have leakages.
- What is the best CPU cooler in 2019?
- There are several brands to name, such as Corsair Hydro Series CPU cooler H60, Noctua NH-D15, Deepcool Captain 240EX All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler, Thermaltake WATER 3.0 CL-W107-PL12SW-A Liquid CPU Cooler, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, and others listed above as the best CPU cooler.
- What is the average temp of CPU liquid cooling?
- The average temperature mark is 50°C and it can reach a maximum up to 60°C. However, you should try to get the maximum temperature to 53°C.
- Do you need liquid cooling if you don’t overclock?
- No. If you are someone who is not looking to overclock his CPU, then you need not install a liquid cooling solution.
- Is liquid cooling better for computers? Why or why not?
- Liquid cooling is better for computers as it doesn’t produce excessive noise through fans. Also, it doesn’t put the extra weight of the air-cooled heat sink.
- How safe is water cooling for a desktop computer?
- It is very safe. You can compare it to NOS in cars. Some people use it and some people don’t.
- Is it dangerous to use liquid cooling in your gaming PC?
- Usually, gaming PCs are built with costly equipment. So if there is any such case where the liquid leaks from the cooler, then it might cause severe damage to your components. Push pull cooling solution may do the job in this case.
There you have it. All of the burning questions on the internet are resolved and sorted for you. Next time you want to buy a CPU cooler you don’t have to look beyond our list, which has all the best CPU cooler you can have.
Sources: Coolermaster, HYPER 212 EVO, 27th December 2020.