12 Ways to Reduce High CPU Usage Zoom – A Report
In the Corona Situation, people are more active online, and many of the meetings are happening virtually. Zoom is one of the most popular apps out there being used globally for virtual meeting and conferences. But recently there are many complains about high CPU usage in zoom, we will discuss some points which may solve the issue.
Zoom Optimization Tips
- Close all other applications running in the background which may increase CPU Usage.
- Check if any app is uploading or downloading any file, which increase loading time.
- Update Zoom to the latest version.
- Uncheck the option “Mirror my Video” in the settings of video.
- Uncheck “Closed Captioning” in Video Settings
- Uncheck “Enable HD” in the settings of video.
- The Aspect Ratio is by default “16:9”, change it to “Original”.
- Change the Gallery View which says “Display Upto 49 participants per screen”.
- Disable “Supress Persistant Background Noises” under Audio Settings.
- Disable virtual backgrounds for all meetings.
- Stay in Speaker view intead of gallery view.
- Uncheck “Include Link Preview” in chat settings.
High CPU usage zoom Chromebook
Chromebooks are generally used for light applications which use less resources. But unfortunately Zoom is not set up for Chromebooks. It uses resources of a Chromebook to process Audio and Video – thus resulting high CPU usage which often ends in bad quality video or audio.
High CPU usage Zoom MAC
Recently many MAC users are complaining in Zoom Dev Forum that they are facing high CPU usage even when Zoom is running in background and not having any audio or video meeting. Officials have answered that they are looking into the high cpu usage zoom and will be resolved soon.
High CPU usage affecting Zoom
Keep in mind some points :
- Zoom do not have any dedicated view for tablets.
- Zoom is not optimized for using Native Hardware Acceleration.
- Same problem occurs in Zoom SDK Client.
So far there are only the above mentioned checklists you can try in a Zoom meeting to reduce High CPU Usage Zoom.